How to apply the solar film?
TheOne solar film can reduce glare, block 100% UV rays, protect furniture from fading and save your air conditioning costs. It also allows visible light to pass through. Let’s say hello to sunshine!
- Window cleaner
- Spray bottle
- Squeegee ( or small cardboard, old credit card )
- Utility knife
- Liquid soap
- Measure the window space you plan to cover. Add 1/2 inch to 1 inch to each of the sides' measurements, trim off the excess film with a utility knife.
- Clean the glass thoroughly, making sure you get in the corners and around the edges without leaving any lint and dirt on the surface. Watch out for your fingerprint on the window glass.
- As you separate the film from the liner, misting the window with suds ( soap and water mixture). The glass should also be coated with this solution before you apply the film to the glass.
- After applied the film, using a small squeegee or cardboard to force out the liquid and air trapped beneath the film. Smooth out all the bubbles from the center outward so the bubbles disappear at the edges.
- Wrap the squeegee with a paper towel to dry the surface.
- Do not scratch the film surface with any hard or sharp objects such as metal or knife.
- Do not apply anything to the film surface.
- Do not write anything on the film.
- Keep lit cigarettes or other heat sources away from the film.